The 31st Rustycon will take place this coming weekend, January 17th-19th and I’ll be there! If you’re in the Seattle area, come see me and my fellow writers talk about the process of writing. Specifically I’ll be:
1. Moderating a panel on Worldbuilding on Friday from 4pm to 5pm. I’m looking forward to a great discussion on building colorful and believable worlds with my friends K.c. Ball and Rebecca Birch as well as some writers I’ve not yet met.
2. Moderating a panel on Voice on Friday from 6pm to 7pm. We’ll discuss the importance of voice, how POV can help your writing, common taboos, and how to keep your characters unique.
3. On Saturday from 3pm to 4pm, I’ll be speaking on a panel discussing art and Passion. No, not erotica, but how art consumes our lives and the pros and cons of living as a passionate artist.
4. Later Saturday evening from 5pm to 6pm we’ll discuss Humor in Writing. Not only humor as a writing tool, but the funnier moments of writing. The terrible slush piles. The inside jokes. The things that can’t be said on social media…
5. Finally, I’ll participate in a panel on Sunday from 1pm to 2pm discussing how to Create Your Own Water Cooler as a writer. Ours is a solitary business so how do we create safe and supportive communities to help us along the way?
Stop by and say hello at any or all of these events. I look forward to seeing you there!